- Real-life, no nonsense website/web application performance review in context of
existing business requirements and other key constraints.
- Analysis of all application components for code bottlenecks on the server-side (back-end
code), in the browser (JavasScript/plug-ins) and in between (for example, the Content
- Non-invasive optimizations for maximum performance increases without major code
and infrastructure changes where project constraints permit.
- Database access and query optimization as well as database round-trips minimization
(for example, by utilizing data caching).
- Perceived performance improvements, such as splash screens and progress/status message
- Asychronous/background operations implementation for better system responsiveness,
such as user interface AJAX-ification and server-side multi-threading.
- Optimization of certain external API usage scenarios, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing,
- Application load testing and scalability model verification and improvements advice.